Walk the Talk:
How Walk the Talk Works
- Register to attend. (Links for registration will begin to appear a couple months before the next training begins.) During registration, designate your desired ministry assignment (described below).
- A link to a covenant agreement will be emailed to you. Complete the covenant agreement for your ministry area and return to the church office.
- Begin praying for God to use Walk the Talk in your life and to reach others with the gospel.
- Attend each 6-week session with an open mind and a humble spirit.
During registration, you will be given the opportunity to sign up for a specific Walk the Talk ministry assignment. Those ministry assignments are described below:
- Team Leader: Team leaders mentor 2-3 others who are learning to share the gospel. These leaders have successfully mastered Walk the Talk and have become comfortable sharing the gospel with others.
- Team Learner: Team learners are learning to share the gospel during the 6-week session. Learners are gently guided by a team leader and partner with other learners for encouragement. Learners are only encouraged to participate one nudge beyond their comfort level and are never mocked or abandoned throughout the training. Our learners are the heart of Walk the Talk and are our future leaders.
- Prayer Partners: Prayer partners are assigned a specific team leader or team learner. Prayer partners attend all the Walk the Talk training events and spend time under the leadership of our prayer coordinator to pray for team members and those they visit. Our prayer partners provide the spiritual fuel necessary to reach people with the gospel and are an essential part of each evangelism team. Many of our prayer partners will become our future learners.
Week 1 consists of 1.25 hours of training in a comfortable setting. Weeks 2-6 consists of 10 minutes of training; 45 minutes of evangelism; 25 minutes back at the church to celebrate group activities.
- Week 1 - Popping the Question and the Cross Talk
- Week 2 - The Faith Talk
- Week 3 - Recognizing Repentance, Qualifying Commitment, and Prayer
- Week 4 - The Grace Talk; Building Your Testimony
- Week 5 - How to Start Conversations
- Week 6 - Sharing with Other Religions and Special Circumstances