Processing New Members
Did the Prospect attend a Connect Lunch?
At the Connect Lunch, a minister or lay leader will walk the Prospect through the RED FOLDER.
Obtain these documents from Prospect
After the Prospect has shown desire to join, a minister or lay leader will visit the Prospect and walk through the RED FOLDER.
Obtain these documents from Prospect:
Has the Prospect been presented to the church for membership/baptism?
The minister or lay leader will make a follow-up visit with the Prospect to walk through the YELLOW FOLDER.
Arrange with the Prospect to come forward at a church service to be presented for membership or baptism.
The minister or lay leader will bring the Connect Card so there is no need to fill out another card at the altar.
After being presented, the minister or lay leader will make a follow-up visit to walk through the YELLOW FOLDER.
If baptism is required, the minister or lay leader will walk through the process with the Prospect and schedule a date on the church calendar, as well as notify all necessary staff members.
YELLOW FOLDER Follow-Up Visit
At the follow-visit, the minister or lay leader will obtain the How Can We Help Survey from the Prospect.
After all forms from both the RED FOLDER and YELLOW FOLDER are completed, and the Prospect has been presented to the church for membership or baptism, the minister or lay leader will bring the folders and completed forms to the office for processing in church records.
- Scan Faith & Practice 1&2 as a .pdf and add to Resources > New Member Processing > Completed Faith In Practice.
- Mail originals to the new member along with a New Member Class Completion letter, found in Resources > New Member Processing.
- Change the member status in PCO to "Member" and send an invite to the directory.
- Update Roadmap and all member information in PCO.
- Create a yellow membership card and file in the membership card box.
- Send for a letter from previous church if applicable.
- Attach Connect Card and letter, once received, to the yellow membership card on file.