Wilmont has partnered with Zoom, a modern enterprise video communications solution with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. Wilmont deploys zoom conferences for small groups meeting on behalf of Wimont to assist with ministry.
Prepare Your Device for a Zoom Conference
- Download Zoom. The app is available from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (Look for the Zoom Cloud Meeting App) or you can download to your computer from the Zoom Download Center.
- Test Zoom. To use Zoom test, you need a camera and microphone. A portable device like a cell phone is ready to go. But if you’re using a computer you need to make sure you give Zoom access to your microphone and camera. It would be best for you to test those first because some have had settings on their device tweaked. You can test your connection on Zoom.
How to Setup a Zoom Conference at Wilmont
- Leaders need to request an event through the church office by filling out the Event Scheduling request form. Rather than sharing with us where you want to meet in the church, mention in the request that you want to meet over Zoom.
- When our office team schedules the meeting, you will receive an email with all the connectivity instructions, including a link users can click on from a mobile device or computer as well as a phone number a non-video user can use.
- Communicate the details of that link/email with your group.
- At the appropriate meeting time, connect or dial in. It’s that easy.